The Housing First Hub
Working together to prevent and end homelessness
- Promoting understanding about and providing support to scaling up of Housing First. Scaling up is not about multiplying Housing First initiatives without aiming for systemic change. It requires moving from a programme/project approach to Housing First, in favour of a systems’ change whereby Housing First is the organising paradigm.
- Newcomers to Housing First, i.e. provision of information and evidence, access to training resources and materials (online tools on the Housing First Europe Hub’s website, organisation of training programmes by Housing First Europe Hub trainers, etc.), connection through the network to knowledge and colleagues (brokerage). Support to newcomers is always in view of a systems’ change perspective (and not e.g. support just with setting up isolated Housing First projects).
- Existing Housing First policies/initiatives, i.e., support to the management, implementation and evaluation of Housing First.
How we work
The Housing First Europe Hub partners and associates work together with the Coordinator in a number of working groups:
Advocacy and Policy Development
- Advocating for a Housing First approach at a systems level
- Housing and Housing First EU opportunities for Housing First
- Support and innovation with Housing First Managers in a Community of Practice
- A network of national Housing First platforms/networks
- Housing First for Youth – training, research, start-up resources
- Community of Practice on implementing Housing First in post-secondary education
- Mobilising data and research on Housing First for organisations, housing providers, governments, researchers, etc.
- Assessing research gaps on Housing First
Get in touch with the Housing First Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how to engage with this work
Join the Hub!
To join the Hub partnership interested organisations, cities, government ministries, housing providers, researchers should agree to commit to the core principles of Housing First, as set out in the Housing First Europe Guide, and to be engaged in or working towards scaling up Housing First in their community and across Europe.
Partners have access to all Hub services including:
- All communication including the website and newsletter;
- The option to include their logo on the Hub website;
- The opportunity to co-produce tools with the Hub through participation in work clusters;
- Access to Train-the-Trainer courses and other activities;
- Invitation to all events, workshops etc., organised around the annual Steering Group meeting.
For questions, or to apply to become a partner of the Housing First Europe Hub, please feel free to reach out to our Programme Coordinator: Arturo Coego
Housing First Research Digest: Volume 8
Housing Social Work in Finland Welcome to the 8th volume of the Housing First Research Digest! This volume focuses on Housing First in Finland, through the lens of housing…Check it out here
WHAT ABOUT ME? – The first Housing First pilot project in Croatia
Croatia is a nation of property owners, with a very small social rental sector in major cities and without a national requirement to provide general social housing. According to…Check it out here
“arriving home“ – How strategic alliances boost Housing First in Austria- Emine Özkan, Gerhard Schützinger
Out of a state-funded project aimed at minimizing the rise of homelessness during current crises, Austrian NGOs have established a model with the potential to end homelessness in the…Check it out here
Systems Change: Housing First and the Criminal Justice System – Lindsay Mesa
What does it take to change? One thing I know about working to end homelessness and institutionalization is that it requires a particular dance of steadfast, unwavering commitment and…Check it out here
EVALUATION: Westminster VAWG Housing First Service Second Year Evaluation
This evaluation highlights the key outcomes, challenges, and successes of the second year of the Westminster VAWG Housing First project. It covers the period of September 2020 – September…Check it out here
Working together to secure the future of Housing First across Europe – Alex Smith
As Housing First continues to gain traction as a key part of the solution to end homelessness, we must think about scale-up and development at a national level. Homeless…Check it out here