As part of our continued work to expand the breadth and depth of understanding around different Housing First service needs, we’re pleased to share a number of upcoming events and resources on Housing First + Women with you.
Should you have any questions about any of the below, please do not hesitate to contact Samara Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6 April 2021: Online Meeting – Housing First + Women
As part of our series of informal discussions on ’emerging themes’ in Housing First, the Housing First Europe Hub will host an online meeting to talk about Housing First + Women.
6 April 2021
09:00 – 11:00 (UK/Ireland)
10:00 -12:00 CEST (Brussels)
11:00 – 13:00 EET (Finland)
Zoom – the link will be sent out by email ahead of the meeting
This session will provide an opportunity for anyone who is interested in learning more about Housing First + Women, to share their own experiences, and to consider how we can work together with colleagues from across Europe. We will take time to get to know each other and hear from colleagues about experiences of Housing First + Women in Finland, Berlin & the UK.
5 May 2021: International Webinar – Housing First for Women
Continuing our work to highlight the specific needs of women experiencing homelessness, join us for this co-hosted webinar as part of the international webinar series on Housing First that we are running together with the Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest(OHFRN‐COI).
This webinar will examine research and work on the pathways to Housing First for women, families/mothers experiencing homelessness, as well as domestic violence and Housing First.
5 May 2021
09:30 – 11:00 EDT (Ontario)
14:30 – 16:00 (UK/Ireland)
15:30 – 17:00 CEST (Brussels)
16:30 – 18:00 EET (Finland)
· Dr. Saija Turunen,Y-Foundation,Finland
· Dr. Cris Sullivan,Michigan State University, USA
· Dr. Rachel Caplan,Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
· Discussant: Dr. Beth Shinn,Vanderbilt University,USA
For more information on this joint webinar series initiative, please visit:https://www.eenet.ca/article/international-webinar-series-housing-first
Recommended Reading & Resources:
- Webinar recording: Providing Housing First for Women (Homeless Link)
- Toolkit: Housing First for women experiencing violence against women and girls (Homeless Link)
- Oudshoorn, A. et al. (2018). An evaluation of a Housing First program for chronically homeless women.Journal of Social Inclusion, 9(2), 34-50.
- Aubry, T.(2020) Analysis of Housing First as a Practical and Policy Relevant Intervention: The Current State of Knowledge and Future Directions for ResearchEuropean Journal of Homelessness14(1), pp. 13-26.